2021 Junior Grants
First time tuition “start up” allowance
The Malvern Community Arts Council is delighted to invite applications for ten grants of $100 to be awarded to successful young people wishing to start tuition in any arts discipline.
Criteria for applicants
• You must choose an arts discipline that you are not currently taking tuition for. For example: music, drama, dance, art.
• This will be your choice and if you are successful with your application, we expect that you will continue to take lessons for at least one term.
• You must have identified a teacher, the cost of the lessons and any materials and the availability of lessons.
• You must currently be in school Year groups 4 to 8 inclusive.
• Your parent/guardian must confirm their support for the application and be prepared to pay additional course fees beyond the $100 allowance.
• You must be a citizen or permanent resident of New Zealand living within the boundaries of the Malvern District.
You are invited to complete an application form by writing your contact details, details of your choice of tuition, writing a brief summary of why you want to start tuition and the reasons your application should be considered.
Applications will be judged on their merit. Application forms (click here) are also available by picking one up from Te Huanui in Darfield.
Application forms should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or handed in at Te Huanui by Friday 20 August 2021.
The Malvern Community Arts Council’s Scholarship Committee will decide the recipients of the grants,
and successful applicants will be notified
by 8 September 2021.
Grants will be paid directly to the successful applicants’ bank account.
Email email@example.com or ring 022 637 5296 if you need further details or have questions about this programme.